Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 22-05-2003 , 12:10 AM

After Effect

Just wondering if I use Maya, is After Effect the best for compositing?
Thanks for your time user added image

# 2 22-05-2003 , 04:00 AM
Not nessicarily the "best", but like any 3D application, there are 2D compositing apps that do different things.

So, it really depends on what your shot needs.

I personally like After Effects, but I'm thinking of getting Combustion when I get the money.

The demo just blew me awayuser added image

I own Commotion Pro v3, and it's outdated now due to a version upgrade, and an ownership change/buyout by Pinnacle Systems, but IT ROCKED for everything I needed at the time.

it's got a GREAT tracker, and roto-splines that are so good, that the now-defunct MILL FILM used it exclusivly to roto, and composite all the shots for THE GLADIATOR.

If you have compositing-specific questions, one of our newest members, Paul, has a compositing forum site called: VFXTALK.com.

Talk to Hugh, he is thier resident After Effects guruuser added image

Check SM's links page for thier linkuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 3 22-05-2003 , 01:53 PM

# 4 22-05-2003 , 01:56 PM
Thanks all guys user added image