Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 31 13-06-2003 , 08:15 PM
yes, and that is where the idea came from.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 32 13-06-2003 , 09:25 PM
HOLLY MOTHER OD GOD! Lattice kicks some ass! Thanks man. (Ps, i had already started useing a sphere.)

Attached Thumbnails

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 33 13-06-2003 , 10:31 PM
Subscriber
kewl! More please! user added image

# 34 17-06-2003 , 05:27 AM
ok, I have thrown in the towel, raised the white flag, so on, an so forth. Brain, Howard, not for a guilt trip here, you have both been very supportive. However, I can not compete with you guys. YOur designs, are wonderfull, amazing even. Now I promise you, after a bit more practice, (and alot less problems with my computer) I will be ack in the ring. But untill then, you guys just design on. Who knows, mabey one day you'll become mods and I wont have to worry about you anymore, user added image.

Tah tah for now.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 35 17-06-2003 , 06:33 PM
Subscriber
HOW sad! Oh well dude hope you learned some stuff, and looking foward to competing against you in the future.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 36 17-06-2003 , 06:36 PM
THats a bummer man! Its not really about winning though. Seriously. Everytime I start something new, wether or not its for a competition, I learn something new, or atleast I become faster at what I allready know how to do. user added image The other main thing is just to have fun user added image

Please check
My (old) website!
# 37 17-06-2003 , 11:17 PM
Subscriber
Shame, but if I never went in for thse things because people were better than me and I wouldn't win I'd never open Maya again. Still look at it this way, at least, as you say, you are better than some of us.

# 38 18-06-2003 , 12:53 AM
Subscriber
dude - i think you missed the idea of the competition! it's all about what you learn and how you progress. half the fun is the progress you make and the other half is watching how other people progress. the people with a lot of experience, skill and talent (all important aspects of an artist) help and inspire those with less (mostly less experience and skill!). Not only that but usually the best artists didn't start that way and they aren't about to stop learning now AND everybody has something they have to work on.

if you have to back out because of time commitments or lack of interest okay but saying you're not good enough to compete is no excuse!

Check out the subsurfacescattering on my tongue...

<a href="https://www.reitzmachine.com">www.reitzmachine.com</a>
# 39 19-06-2003 , 03:42 AM
Subscriber
hey ultragames, sorry to hear that user added image. One thing though, is if you dont keep trying with howard porter, brian and the rest of the bunch... you will fall behind. hope we see a lot of WIP's from you, and the same ammount of final renders user added image. So keep up the great work, and hope to see you back in a future tournament! You have excelled way beyond me ultragames... great job.. you may be looking up at howard and brian (and some others).. but im lookin up at you (y). Keep up the great work. Cya around

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 40 19-06-2003 , 07:00 AM
*tear*

Thanks M. I miss talken to ya buddy. Once you moded out we kinda lost touch.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 41 20-06-2003 , 06:07 PM
EDITED BY ME...

This reply has been removed due to unintentional bad feelings. user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu

Last edited by dave_baer; 22-06-2003 at 02:54 AM.
# 42 20-06-2003 , 07:19 PM
Well thats rather rude.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 43 20-06-2003 , 07:33 PM

Originally posted by Ultragames
Well thats rather rude.

Cry cry cry!! user added image
Nah, just joking mate.

Very rude comment Dave! :mingun:

# 44 20-06-2003 , 11:17 PM
My web page is just a web page. I put what little are I have on it, because I want to show people my art. Im new at 3D.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 45 21-06-2003 , 06:20 PM
Subscriber
Dave, perhaps you meant that post to be read as sarcastic humor? I am afraid that after reading it 3 or 4 times it still read to me as a slam on Ultragames. In which case I believe you owe him an apology or an explanation. I am hoping there is just a bit of mis-communiction being experienced.