Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 09-09-2016 , 10:44 PM

Rigging Problem - Mirror Skin Weights

Okay so I'm new to rigging but I'm faced with a problem - I can't get Maya to mirror my skin weights correctly. Thing is, I weighted the skin on the Right Side so that might also create an issue.

I go to Skin>Mirror Skin Weights, change every setting around, and Maya always manages to scramble all the weighting around.

So my question is, is there a way to circumvent the problem entirely? I've researched this problem a lot but no advice I've found fixes my problem, so I don't know if there's a way to mirror the weights manually, or "copy and paste" them so to speak.

Any advice is helpful. user added image Thank you! user added image

# 2 12-09-2016 , 01:59 PM
To anyone still struggling with this, I found a solution on a forum that lead me to this link - it's basically Autodesk explaining how to save what skin weights you have and start from scratch then re-import those weights. It helped me some:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...543.1473283963