Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 17-01-2005 , 08:26 PM
Subscriber

A simple selection problem

I say a simple problem as there is probably a really simple solution, I just cant find it!

All of a sudden left clicking on an item to select it doesnt work! I have to hold right button and scroll down to select! Occasionally the object selects but straight into face mode.

I am using Maya 6 with pentium 4 2.2 and a gig of RAM. So I dont think the prob is with my hardware. Im sure its just a setting but cannot find it anyway.

This is really annoying as I cannot select more than one object at once, as you cannot hold the shift key down whilst right button selecting!

Please someone make me feel really stupid with a simple solution! user added image

Thank you!
Chris

# 2 17-01-2005 , 08:54 PM
Subscriber
Make sure your not running any mouse button software before you change any Maya settings.

Last time i had a similar problem, I had re-configured my mouse buttons (via some software that came with it) for a game I was playing..

Failing that, you can reset the maya interface to its default settings

# 3 17-01-2005 , 09:05 PM
Subscriber
Thanks uberstonks for your post, but I've tried all that with no luck. Everything is just automatically selected in face mode or not at all! On the verge of breaking my mouse button user added image

I wonder if it just a bug with Maya....

If anyone else has any suggestions, please reply!

# 4 17-01-2005 , 09:44 PM
The Maya Mountain
I may be misunderstanding the situation, but pehaps you have component selection on when you want object selection, or vice versa?

# 5 19-01-2005 , 02:39 PM
Subscriber
Hmm strange, after not user Maya for a few days and resetting my whole system the problem seems to have gone.

Must be some strange little bug I have in my Maya... Has anyone else had this problem...?

Thanks to everyone that tried to help!