Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 22-10-2006 , 03:22 AM
Subscriber

:::Bonus Tools Update 2 (Mac):::

Hi there. I posted this issue twice before but maybe in the wrong section.
So i'll try again inhere..

1. I have posted this issue before but never really got a satisfying answer. I have a small library of .3ds files, and want them to be opened in Maya. Instead of re-exporting the whole library in Max to an importable format, i am seeking for a MEL-script or a plug-in (i'm on MAC!) to be able to import .3ds files. i have tried to download the bonus tools at the AREA site, but the downloaded file "orient ToTool.mel" is 24k, and after having placed it in the approriate folder (remind me please wich one that is...maybe I got the wrong 1?!)... nothing happens in the plugin manager. So NO luck so far on that subject.

I retried to download the Bonus Tools Update 2 for Mac but when I unzip the file it give me the orientToTool.mel (24k big).
Even if that were the right tool? were do i put it? PLEASE, i'm getting desperate!

It is important (since I'm new to 3d - well since 3 months user added image ) that I know wich file i need to download (and wher eI have to put it!) like I'm a 2 yr old.

so please anyone?

Thanx
M.

too_tough_to_die@mac.com (AIM)
Always up for a chat !