Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 01-04-2003 , 07:05 AM

April Challenge-Ultragames-Normal (FIRST)

YAY! First one to enter this one! Dont know what ill make realy. But ill go rent SPAWN just to get inspired. lol. Stay tuned!

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 2 01-04-2003 , 07:08 AM
Subscriber
Haha, great stuff! Cant wait to see what you choose to make user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 3 01-04-2003 , 09:28 AM
Kevin
eager hey ultra! thats what I like to see user added image

# 4 01-04-2003 , 11:46 PM
Due to Fungshwa, there are gorgoils all over my house. Mabey il try one of those...

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 5 04-04-2003 , 06:08 AM
Ladies and Gentel men. I have come. LOL. I am in love with what I have made so far. Introducing, Hive Hand.

This is his left hand. His name is based off the beautiy you see before you. His left elbow will go on the stub at the end. When not shooting fire balls out of the center of his left hand, Hive Hand will attack you with the best melee in town. If you survive the crushing his three huge tusks dish out, the row of sharp stabing teeth will hook on to you. At this point, hes either going to eat you, tear the parts not stuck in his hand right off, or just shoot you a rather close range.

C&C Is VERY wanted. Please tell me what you guys think. Sorry about no concept art, I only use my head due to my comlete lack of drawing skillz.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 6 04-04-2003 , 07:49 AM
Subscriber
Looks great mate.. very good all around shape looking at the side view.

tusks are cool I like the shader.. maybe you could texture it with a little red around the teath.. and maybe some puffyness right around the tusks. or maybe have the (skin?) tuck in around them.

# 7 04-04-2003 , 08:13 PM
C&C = Coments and Crit. Please give me some. . .

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 8 04-04-2003 , 10:00 PM
Subscriber
Hive hand!! I love it! What a great idea! Well, so far your hive hand really is nice! There will be a body to go along with it through right? Its really "hellish" and i havent seen it before, so good thinking user added image. I suggest though that if you do that, maybe do the same for the face, but a bigger upscaled version.. just an idea though, it doesnt even have to have eyes. user added image, cya.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 9 04-04-2003 , 10:06 PM
It is no longer called hive hand, only his hand is called that. Ohh no, if I can get teh face thats in my head, on maya, it will send chills down your spine. BTW: I have decided on no fire out of the hand, it is the creatures mouth. He dosent have one on his head... Trust me.

Texture change to come. I just need to get home here soon. Might go to LAN tonight, but after that, its all this guy.

C&C from others please?

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 10 05-04-2003 , 01:00 AM
Love it!

My only crit would be that it seems that the geometry looks a bit heavy and that might make creating the rest of him kind of slow in the viewports but... other than that... GREAT!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 11 05-04-2003 , 02:26 AM
Teeth turned around, and two more rows of teeth added. texture changed. What do you think? I really need input so if your reading this, please reply.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 12 05-04-2003 , 02:47 AM
Ok. fixed the transparentcy problem, so you cant see the teeth/tucks throug the skin anymore.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 13 05-04-2003 , 04:49 AM
Subscriber
mate thats looking really cool...one idea...maybe later on u could give the teeth some flesh and some blood stains...that will really make it look...well...bloody evil lol

# 14 05-04-2003 , 05:45 AM
Injuries, blood, and pro-battle effects come MUCH later. Right now im still working on some kind of upper arm. Thanks though. I hope no crit is a good sign?...

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 15 05-04-2003 , 06:12 AM
Subscriber
It looks wonderfull.. I'm liking it even more..
ok personal opinion here.. the next row of teeth, maybe you could off set them, like that way the rows are not straight going from front to back.. and the new shader is wonderfull but I was thinking if you light the seen dark it might need to be a lighter color to get the affect you want.. but then I'm not sure what affect you want so.. LOL I'll be quiet now..