Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 31 12-02-2005 , 08:15 PM
Glad to hear that I am not a total failure....lol.......when i was creating the textures i was originally going to paint some folds...................and i guess i figured out that the burn tool worked pretty good. but i was having trouble with the brushes.........to me the brushes looked plain. and when i finished painting a stroke it looked like ........everything but a fold.........................could you recommend a brush in photoshop that is appropriate for painting folds.......

I hope you didn't waste your time reading this line.
# 32 21-02-2005 , 06:18 PM
here are some more pictures of what i got so far...tell me what u think.

Attached Thumbnails

# 33 21-02-2005 , 06:19 PM
also finally i figured out how to make folds i guess..

Attached Thumbnails

# 34 21-02-2005 , 08:26 PM
Subscriber
Looks really good, like the pose you put him in user added image

I only have one crit though... the string on the bow looks chewed and broken, did you add a bumb map to it?
might look better in solid shinny white

Pretzels and Beer
Pizza Pockets and Computer programers
Shortcuts and 3D artists

May we always be together.
# 35 22-02-2005 , 01:48 AM
i know what u meen NO i didn't add a bump....ill still have to tweak it a little or maybe its just the render.

# 36 22-02-2005 , 01:53 AM
i had to add a sort of transperency map to make the string look thinner that is probably why it looks bit up.......i guess i'll just do a quick curve extrude for that....i just wanted to leave it low poly but i guess i still got space because last time i checked i still had like 4000 somthin tris. i also think i might put a little target somewhere.....JUST THINKING ATLOUD!

# 37 22-02-2005 , 12:52 PM
Subscriber
Hi mate, yup looking really good so far.

Could you tell me how you did the folds in photoshop ? Are there any tutorials for this on the internet, i've looked but havn't found any.

I'm not good enough to be in the comp yet. So thumbs up from me on your work so far mate!

# 38 22-02-2005 , 06:48 PM
well jhaydock it doesn't hurt to give it a try........go ahead and join the comp if you want but it is almost over anyway.
thanks for the thumbs up though..........
it took me a while to figure out how to create folds but i couldn't really find any tuturials for it.......
it simple just use the DOGDE TOOL with a nice shadowcasting brush and go over the cloth texture with it then use the BURN TOOL with a slightly smaller brush and go over the light spots and just have a little fun......
Basically use the BURN AND DODGE TOOL to create a texture that looks like it has folds on it........Simple enough?
it might take a little practice. I have to admit though i still think i need a little more practice.

# 39 27-02-2005 , 09:12 PM
well i guess pretty soon i am gong to have to put out my final render but anyway just wanted to see if there was something missing. well this is somewhat what my final is going to loko like but other than the crappy render does the rest of it look decent?

and i figured out how to take off that bitten look on the bow string. i just used some anti aliasing. i guess that hepls out a little. anyway just tell me if it is reasonable to enter for a final post?

Attached Thumbnails

# 40 28-02-2005 , 12:44 AM
Subscriber
maybe a dim point light or two would add some personality and make him easier to see

looks really good

Pretzels and Beer
Pizza Pockets and Computer programers
Shortcuts and 3D artists

May we always be together.
# 41 28-02-2005 , 02:20 AM
yeah i thought so too. it does look a little dark. but i guess other than that i am pretty much done huh?
And i love your final post.....LOOKS awsome......My cousin freeked out when he saw it.....of course he really knows nothing about CG....but no matter what anyone says about it, on a scale from one to ten i'd give yours an *8*.user added image user added image