Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 05-11-2005 , 06:49 PM
Banned

Noob alert

this is my second attempt in maya, and no where even near completion... If you guys could give this the once over and let me know what should be changed, how to or why to change, or just what ever it would be of great help.. thanks

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 05-11-2005 , 09:05 PM
Subscriber
hey !!!
firstly wat is it as im not sure an u dont say...../?????????

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 3 05-11-2005 , 09:18 PM
Subscriber
hmm is it a vacum cleaner?

# 4 05-11-2005 , 09:25 PM
Banned
is it really that bad?
I thought it was looking pretty good... I guess not.. I is suppose to be the start of a mech leg.. Dashi(dire wolf).... damn

# 5 05-11-2005 , 10:33 PM
Subscriber
My first impression was that it was a mech leg, with some kind of shin guard thing. So, no, I don't think it is a bad start at all.

Some more vents or springs or obvious joints might help make it look more mechanical. But its early stages yet so no need for them to be there right now.

# 6 06-11-2005 , 05:56 PM
Subscriber
user added image hey its good man, i know i didnt know what it was but that aint the point.
the modeling seems nice there is quite a few good methods used to get ure results so ure doing good.

# 7 06-11-2005 , 09:14 PM
Banned
Re worked the foot a little.. acutally i started over.. bit more detail in the toes, and have started adding the leg in pieces rather then one be square..

Attached Thumbnails
# 8 06-11-2005 , 09:14 PM
Banned
another

Attached Thumbnails
# 9 06-11-2005 , 09:47 PM
i love mechs and (tried) to make a lot in maya. May i suggest you sketch out the general overall design of the mech. Then sketch out each piece by itself(to see how they will form together later), and make sure you add mech like details to help bring out the design like vents, hoses, cables, pistons(i see on hydraulic on on the back of the calf is a good start), and gears, pulleys... anything mechanical.

But it really helps to get the best visulization of how you want it to look as soon into the project as you can.