Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 08-04-2006 , 06:08 AM

Changing particle chache startingtime?

Hi I cached some particles to disk.

I was wondering if I can change the staringtime for the disk cache playback?

What I want to do is to take the cached particles and decide by entering a frame value when the simulation should start.

I have tried to bake the cached particles but maya crashed displaying the many hundreds of thousand of keyframes. Can I control the playback starting time in an easy way?

I´m using MAYA6.5.

Thank You.
Daniel.

Last edited by r303; 08-04-2006 at 06:18 AM.
# 2 08-04-2006 , 06:42 AM
I solved it.

Maybe there is an easyer way, but what I did was this:

I broke the conection between the time nodes OutTime and the cached particleShape nodes CurrentTime.

I then connected the time nodes OutTime to an PlusMinusAverage node and the PlusMinusAverage nodes output to the cached particleShape nodes CurrentTime.

Now I can adjust the startingframe by addig or subtracting a value to the PlusMinusAvarage node.

Daniel.