Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 61 02-07-2007 , 12:29 PM
Thanks t1ck135,
Funky Bunnies also said the same thing about the eyes being too high. I'll play around with them tonight and see if I can make them look a little better.

I'm renting Mortal Combat tonight because a friend of mine said there was a 4 armed character. I'm hoping it will help me determine how to attach 4 arms (placement).

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 62 02-07-2007 , 12:57 PM
Jr.Who
Which Mortal Combat (for which system)?

# 63 02-07-2007 , 01:13 PM
Subscriber
# 64 02-07-2007 , 01:18 PM
Hollywood Video here had 2 mk movies. One is Mortal Kombat and the other is Mortal Kombat Annihilation so I rented both. And yes, the character I'll be watching for is Goro. I've never seen the movies before but it looks interesting. Time to go put one on.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 65 02-07-2007 , 04:00 PM
Well, I just finished watching MK and I don't think I'm going to use Goro as a ref. His upper body was extended to fit the upper arms but I thought it made him look awkward and too off balanced.

I think I'm going to just go with my gut feeling on this one and hope the torso looks decent when I'm finished. I plan on modeling the body this weekend. Don't think I'll get a chance before then.

Exceed Expectations!
# 66 02-07-2007 , 10:18 PM
Might sound a bit strange but I would look at how spiders legs are attached (if that makes sense). As they have multiple limbs that are attached in close proximity.

You might have to extend the body slightly to be honest as it would llok a bit strange if you didnt, also it probably wouldbe more anatomicaly correct (for a 4 armed mutant!!) just some things to keep in mind.

Cheers

Steve

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 67 02-07-2007 , 10:33 PM
I wonder if anyone has studied how the anatomy of a 4 armed humanoid would actually work? There would have to be a lot more mass to handle the back muscle merging in with multiple shoulder points whilst maintaining posture.

Si

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net
# 68 02-07-2007 , 10:41 PM
hehe, your right mate, its kinda like just have to play along and make it "look" right.

I doubt that you could have 2 sets of shoulder blades they would be always hitting each other unless the limbs were a lot lower down.

LOL!!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 69 03-07-2007 , 03:40 AM
Subscriber
yeah haha, I don't think there's any way to make it make sense.
Alex Huguet's Hugman was also pretty well done if you want to take a look.

# 70 03-07-2007 , 04:11 AM
Jr.Who
lol, Hugman! :lmao:

I wonder how he came up with that nameÉÉ user added image

# 71 03-07-2007 , 04:58 AM
After reading everyone's comments, it does make more sense that the arms need to be spaced out more. when I block out the body, I'll post different shapes. You know, upper body extended v/s not extended, different arm spacing, etc. I'll definitely need lots of input at that crucial stage.

I really enjoy and appreciate all the input from everyone. It's really helping me out alot. You all are great! Oh and thanks for the latest ref, Funky Bunnies.

Exceed Expectations!
# 72 04-07-2007 , 03:07 AM
I'm looking for a picture of a wireframe of the human back with good mesh flow. If you know or have one, can you post it here or email it to me at erothf@yahoo.com. Any angle is fine as long as I can see the mesh flow.

Thanks

Exceed Expectations!
# 73 04-07-2007 , 10:43 AM
I've decided to make a two arm version first so that later I can use it as such. Then I'll add on the other two arms in a different file for this comp. I found a couple of wires for the back but I think the mesh flow is only so so.

Here's an update. I've been working on the body for about 10 hours (minus several hours web surfing) and I still have quite a bit left to do. Man this is a slow process.

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!
# 74 04-07-2007 , 09:36 PM
Here's the smoothed model. I think I'll beef him up just a slight bit more but not too much since ninja's are supposed to be agile. I think I'll get a better idea how beefed up he needs to be after I add the other two arms.

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!
# 75 05-07-2007 , 06:13 AM
looking at the hugman models I can see how easy it is to throw in another pair of arms but that throws out the fact that you have pectoral muscles in which to help raise the arms/shoulders and give them strength. Also the stomach and back muscles would be greatly adjusted to form the posture for the lower area and the transition to the upper area. I'd really envision a far heavier set to the lower body to compensate for an elongated spine and the huge increase in muscle (and therefore weight) mass - this area could be a real good study for anyone into anatomy user added image

back on track...
you're getting a good blocked in area for the body perfecto, make sure you reduce the knobbly knees tho user added image
looking forward to seeing the progress

Si

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net