Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 31-01-2010 , 07:17 AM
Subscriber

Changing camera behavior in a large set

Hi, I have a scene where it's a large area set in a school play yard, and then off to the side I have an actual classroom. The yard is obviously a very large area compared to the classroom, and it's making camera control very difficult. Small and precise movements are hard to make when i'm navigating around the classroom.

Is there any way to sort of orient the camera (a separate rendering camera, not the perspective view) so that it's restricted to a certain area, making movement around there easier? I hope that's clear, it's a little difficult to explain.

# 2 31-01-2010 , 07:26 AM
Events Team at Wargaming.net
You can just make a new camera, its under the render tab where the lights are. There is also the create camera menu and there are a few different types of cameras, you may want to check out the aim camera. It has an anchor point type of thing and you can place it in your scene and then when you move the camera around it will stay looking at the one spot just rotate around it.

Not sure if this helps at all