Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 04-03-2005 , 07:07 PM

my portfolio

Hello,

Ive been trying to get a job in the video game industry for a little while now, but with no real success. I get very small jobs here and there but I want to break in and have a nice full time job.

My portfolio is at www.geocities.com/stavs82 .

Im hoping you guys can give me some critiques and pointers to get me closer to my dream.

# 2 06-03-2005 , 08:51 AM
Subscriber

Re: my portfolio

Originally posted by stavs82
Hello,

Ive been trying to get a job in the video game industry for a little while now, but with no real success. I get very small jobs here and there but I want to break in and have a nice full time job.

My portfolio is at www.geocities.com/stavs82 .

Im hoping you guys can give me some critiques and pointers to get me closer to my dream.

I would say that if you REALLY want to get into the game industry, you need to know what type of job you are going for and focus all of your energy on that. If you really want to make levels for an unreal based engine, then you had better spend most of your free time working on level design and not other things.

I would also recommend that if you are going to create a web site to consider spending a little bit more time on design and layout. Some of the text descriptions near the photos overlap and I can’t read some it. Also, your own domain name looks more professional and only costs around $7 a month for the name and 2-3 gigs of space.

You can obviously model, so why don’t you think up some crazy location for an unreal level and make one… The only way you’re going to get a job you really want, is to show people that you can make quality material that also looks good and is fun to play.

Good luck with your dream user added image

We perceive the world not as it really is, but as it is useful for us to perceive.
# 3 06-03-2005 , 04:33 PM
Thats strange about that text issue you are having, ive tested my page on a few comps to make sure it would work with different resolutions and things like that, I also tried it out on a mac to make sure it would workt here too. Would you mind telling me the web browser you use and resolution?

# 4 06-03-2005 , 04:46 PM
Subscriber
I am using firefox on WinXP at 1600x1200.

We perceive the world not as it really is, but as it is useful for us to perceive.
# 5 08-03-2005 , 11:03 AM
Subscriber
web site worked fine for me user added image i like your army dude best of all. Oh and i thought you did a great job on the little car, for the amount of polys you used.

There's nothing normal about normals. In FACT i think the are abnormal.
# 6 08-03-2005 , 11:45 PM
i agree with morg002 i also think that you should spend a little more time on your website design.

But I really like your models...

i use firefox with a resolution of 1400x1050 (on my laptop) and i also see a small text-overlap:

Attached Images

my english makes me nobody so fast after

mein english macht mir keiner so schnell nach