Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 07-09-2008 , 05:12 AM
Subscriber

duplicate edges/script editor

I am having trouble converting a poly mesh to sub division. I think the problem may be that one of the legs of my model has a funny attachment to the body of the character. When the booleans operation didnt work, i cut out faces using the split poly tool, and combined the leg with the body, merging the verts as I went around. I had border edges on thick display, and as i went the se edges thineed out as the two objects became one, but there is one last thick border edge I cant get rid of. The poly to sub d operation failed and told me to open the script editor, which has told me the following:

polyToSubdiv1 (Poly To Subdiv Node): The conversion to a subdivision surface failed.
// One or more duplicated edges were present.
// Repair the duplicate edges by selecting the polygon
// and issuing the following command, then try again:
select .e[2662] ;string $v[] = `polyListComponentConversion -fe -tv`;select $v;polySplitVertex;polyMergeVertex -d 0.0 -tx 1; //
mand:

Do i issue this somehow in the script editor? What do I have to have selected in the workspace/on the model if so. Otherwise can anyone see from this what I can do?

# 2 07-09-2008 , 06:11 AM
Subscriber
You need to grab the duplicated face where the issue is, copy the text it gives you in the error and run it either in the script editor or in the command line at the bottom of screen.

You could just rebuild that small area if that is what's giving you the trouble, I don't see how you couldn't rebuild that part, maybe a piccy of the offending region would be useful.

Chris

# 3 12-09-2008 , 09:13 PM

When in doubt, delete history and freeze transformations.

My latest snake game
(Requires DirectX9 SDK and Framework)