Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 31-01-2009 , 02:47 AM
Subscriber

Anyone use roadkill? I need help

Alright so I couldn't get the plug in for roadkill to work properly in maya, so I exported the obj to my desktop imported it into RoadKill and then did my uv layout. I saved the obj file and went to my scene, import found the file and went to load it. It seems like nothing loads and no uv's are layed out so I'm wondering where I went wrong and what I should do to get this to work? I've spent a few hours in roadkill getting things layed out properly and now that I can't import the uv's into maya it's a bit stressful and mind boggling as to why it's not importing the uv's

edit: Out of curiosity I started a new project in maya, and imported the file from roadkill and it worked fine. Why can't I get it to work like that in my original file?

Last edited by Rhetoric Camel; 31-01-2009 at 02:51 AM.
# 2 31-01-2009 , 07:13 AM
Subscriber
I kind of figured it out, I imported the obj from roadkill into the original project, and when it imported it was a lot smaller, so I just scaled it up deleted the other model and now have the one with the uv's layed out. I'm sure there is an easier way but I got it working.

# 3 31-01-2009 , 09:48 AM
Why dont you use it direct form maya Instead of messing about importing and exproting objects?

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 4 31-01-2009 , 05:42 PM
Subscriber
I couldn't get the mel script to work I've tried everything, it pops up saying LSCM, Fill Holes, and Live Unwrap, then you can click Unwrap at the bottom of the little screen that pops up, and no matter what I do I get a bunch of errors, maybe it's not compatible with maya '09... but I tried for about an hour and thats when I decided to just export, import, the file.

# 5 01-02-2009 , 05:22 PM
I would redownload it, its running fine on my machine with 09 on.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 6 01-02-2009 , 05:24 PM
Subscriber
I tried redownloading, it didn't work, it's alright I worked around it, took a while but I figured it out.