Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 16-09-2009 , 09:52 AM
Subscriber

# 17 16-09-2009 , 04:25 PM
EduSciVis-er
I like the fish animation a lot. You could try putting in some background color and/or caustic effects to create an more underwater feel. I think the camera movement in the raft shots looks a bit jerky, but maybe that's just me.

Keep up the good work!

# 18 16-09-2009 , 06:20 PM
Subscriber
Thank you.

Here is the fish animation. I did it one year ago when i was a complete noob with maya, I mean, more noob than now.

The problem with it is that one side of the fish is not lighted at all, but looking nice to me i left it there and began learning other things.

The plants are not modelled, are paint strokes converted to polys so that can be rendered in mental ray.

Another thing is that the fish is following a curve and the start and end points are the same, so the player can be looped without discontinuity in the fish movement.

view fish animation

download fish animation (better quality)

Tomorrow I hope to have 10 seconds of the sea animation and post it alone without the fish.

Last edited by taquion; 17-09-2009 at 09:36 AM.
# 19 17-09-2009 , 11:18 PM
Subscriber
Not yet. the camera was moving too fast .I post only 7 seconds

7 seconds