Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 26-06-2003 , 07:46 PM

lego Surprise

Guys... I decided to take on a new project with Legos... Its a pretty complicated project to say the least, and this is what i have so far. I made sure I chose something I don't think has been modeled b4 Thanks!
Brian

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 2 26-06-2003 , 08:06 PM
Subscriber
looking good! is this a motor for a car.

# 3 26-06-2003 , 08:11 PM
Good guess, it is a motor... but not for a car user added image
B

Please check
My (old) website!
# 4 26-06-2003 , 08:19 PM
The level of detail on those legos is amazing. How DO You Do it, Brian.

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 5 26-06-2003 , 09:05 PM
ARGH..doesn't matter waht you make but everytthing I have seen of you is so detailed..I can't believe it.

a wire please... user added image

# 6 26-06-2003 , 09:20 PM
just need to tell you guys something... there is no such thing as "legos". There is no plural word for lego.. its just always lego.

-- Why is it snowing rain --
AIM: SnowboarderCF
# 7 26-06-2003 , 09:37 PM
"There is no plural word for lego.. its just always lego." SHould be there new logo. This stupid chain was p*ssing me off! But I finnaly got it accuarate, kinda hard when you don't have anything but a little bitty pic on a catalog. anyways, gonna go home and work on it more!
Brian

Wires to come

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 8 26-06-2003 , 10:44 PM
Subscriber
damn thats good.

# 9 27-06-2003 , 03:07 AM
Thanks Howardporter!! This is becomming more and more difficult. It is so much easier to do this by hand than it is in 3d!! in Real life you can do it step by step, and everything "snaps" together, but in 3d its alot more complicatd, because you have to make sure you are 3 steps ahead in your mind, or else, if you have to chage an angle (like I am having to do) its alot harder to go back and change everything connected to it... Grr.... But on a better note, I am making alot of progress!!! I will post an image in a little bit. Thanks for all your replies!!
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 10 27-06-2003 , 04:08 AM
Frustration is definetly starting to kick in... Grr... anyways, here is an update, still need to fix some things (alot of things)... Thx,
B

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 11 27-06-2003 , 05:37 AM
This is very Challenging... Grr.... This is how I feel right now
user added image user added image user added image user added image user added image user added image

its 12:30 am, I am ready to go to bed, but I need to try and figure this out... Grrr...

Please check
My (old) website!
# 12 27-06-2003 , 05:54 AM
nice motorcycle.

I have all the pices, and i think i have that model too... i should just go in my room and take one of the old models i already acve and model it. Ive4 always loved legos (there is a plural, it sounds wrong if there isnt).

How tdo you make the pices? Poly and just keep going or using another technique?>

# 13 27-06-2003 , 05:58 AM
Subscriber
ah, i would of said helecopter motor from the first picture user added image. heheheh. Great job so far brian. Once you model all the different lego pieces though, isnt it just like playing lego on maya? LOL, j/k brian. I love that image though that you have above.. how you used the greys and orange is really really artistic and goes nice! the lighter colors in there also match! Is that like a blur technique down by the square piece at the bottom? Anyways, really nice brian.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 14 27-06-2003 , 06:06 AM
That is cool. Very realistic. How do you get your porportions to match up. Do you just do it by eye???

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 15 27-06-2003 , 06:08 AM
thanks for the replies. Yep! Its the bike, although I am doing my a little different. You will see what I mean when I get a little further ahead. Yeah, you really don't need as many pieces as you think, once you get a certain amount made, you can allways copy it. Yes M, its kind of like playing legos in Maya. user added image but its alot more difficult, like for the chain and a few other parts, like trying to get the right angles can be very annoying. I am glad you like my choice of colors M!! I thought that it was cool looking. Well, back to to model. THanks again,
Brian

now its 1am in the morning.. user added image

Please check
My (old) website!