Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 02-09-2007 , 10:38 AM

Sept/Oct challenge "Shrunken Ruins"

Left the sketch at work..but I think the title says most of the idea. Got a silly concept of ruins from the view of something not so big as a human. Amazing the inspiration you get from a cluttered work desk, lol. I'm working out the details but I hope it turns out user added image

The Evolution of Gaming: DNA Studios Online

"I have never met a man so ignorant that I could learn nothing from him" -Galileo-
# 2 04-09-2007 , 10:26 AM
Well, I started to work on this, and I have come across something I have never witnessed. If you look at the picture there are a lot of problems with the textures. A) The blade of grass, it's a ramp shader from dark green to light green, simple..but why did it render out like this. The ground plane has a lot of issues too, a 10x10 plane witha 512x512 color&bump map to it, but it looks horrid.

Anyone know why the scene is rendering out like this? (Btw it's set to default Production quality with ray trace on, no adjustments to any settings)

Attached Thumbnails

"I have never met a man so ignorant that I could learn nothing from him" -Galileo-
# 3 04-09-2007 , 03:11 PM
Well, instead of ramming my head against a wall, I just kept going but on a different area of the scene.. this is what I have so far...

Attached Thumbnails

# 4 04-09-2007 , 08:50 PM
Looks like you might need to UV the grass as it appears to be overlapping the texture and the bump

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 05-09-2007 , 12:08 AM
I mapped the blade, played with the normals, created a new shader, and a new scene. It just didn't wanna play right. It really has me confused seeing as it is such a simple shader and design.

# 6 20-09-2007 , 10:08 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Did you create a new uv map when you did the projection, if so i would suggest that you right click on the grassgeo and go to uv linking to add the uv map to the file node manually.

I like the miniature ruin idea you have there mateuser added image