Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 24-09-2008 , 12:17 AM
well whats wrong with the word "dude" lol.

polygon pusher
# 17 24-09-2008 , 01:39 AM
Acid44
she's a she, not a dude :p

nice scene man, the floor tile thingys look really wide to me thoughuser added image

# 18 24-09-2008 , 01:41 AM
ahhhhh, light bulb. i see. i havent been on this site long enough to know. oh well my apologies to you. dudet then lol user added image

polygon pusher
# 19 24-09-2008 , 02:14 AM
The Nurb Herd
can't dude also apply to women?

...btw, i have no idea why i guessed vray; has anyone tried maxwell renderer?

# 20 24-09-2008 , 03:56 AM
Acid44

Originally posted by scrappy
dudet then lol user added image

lol, that works :p

# 21 24-09-2008 , 11:51 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by hammer.horror
can't dude also apply to women?

the same way "guy" is no longer discriminant against gender?
...probably...

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 22 24-09-2008 , 12:57 PM
Super Moderator
Lol scrappy, its cool. And the counter doesn't look like marble because of all the parallel lines and no reflectivity.

- Genny
# 23 24-09-2008 , 01:02 PM
Subscriber
i thought it was made of wood... it looks like a wood texture

Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
# 24 25-09-2008 , 11:49 PM
eeerrrrmmmm ooohhhhh yeah it is made of wood.lol. ill sort the model out soon, iam working on a tramps junky apartment at the mo. ill post it up when finished.

cheers again guys

polygon pusher
# 25 26-09-2008 , 05:18 AM
DUDE! DUDERS! DUDERINO!

*shrug* sorry. the base for the bathtub seems a little... unstable. one rock in the wrong direction and i can totally see those wooden things tipping and the whole bathtub crashing to the floor...

yea the popular concensus about the countertop is valid but it is really hard to place because although there is a slight specular highlight along the rim, i've never seen marble that looks like that. i can see how people could mistaken it for wood, but seeing that ONE highlight made me think otherwise. is there a glass door for the shower area? cause i can't seem to see one and especially since there isn't a step ridge separating the shower tile from the wood floor i could see a lot of water leakage/splashing issues. i know the purpose of a critique is to give constructive criticism for the lighting and modeling and texturing, but i really can't seem to see anything that's not been already said. oh maybe a 'where are the lights?' cause i know of no bathroom without vanity lights near the mirror at the sink.

Accept no substitutions.
# 26 26-09-2008 , 10:26 AM
Super Moderator
I noticed that highlight also but it made me think, ok the sides had formica laminate but the top was old rough wood, marble never occurred to me.

- Genny
# 27 26-09-2008 , 02:50 PM
There is a glass panel for the shower door, if you look really closely you can see the edge of the of the panel and the groove in which the panel sits in, which seperates the tiling on the floor,
i totally agree about the bath blocks they need widening alot for stability of the bathtub.

polygon pusher
# 28 26-09-2008 , 02:51 PM
sorry for the pixelation, time is just not on my side at the mo.

cheers again guys

Attached Images

polygon pusher
# 29 26-09-2008 , 02:56 PM
Subscriber
wait.. uh...
am i the only one who thought that the shower doors and wall were/are off the floor? user added image
sorry, i thought they were (made sense for the doors to be off the floor at least, or you wouldn't be able to use them) >.<

# 30 26-09-2008 , 02:59 PM
There sliding glass panel doors so they have to sit in a grove of some sort, to slide

polygon pusher