Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 30-03-2010 , 01:03 AM
Lifetime Member

Animation workflow or Work order?

I dont know what order you Model/Texture/Rig/Smooth... Render

I have modelled a char, its Smooth Proxy looks great. Now should I have rigged the low poly or the high? - Always see in animatics/Previs's people animating with their low poly model so their PC doesnt implode. But when I render this I get the Diamond faceted polygon look, smoothing at the end as everybody but me knew, threw everything for a loop. I have spent days trying to get the High Poly to inherit the Animation but dont know how.

# 2 30-03-2010 , 09:20 PM
The thin red line
I think you want to bake a texture, there is a free tutorial on this site to bake a normal map...........dave

# 3 31-03-2010 , 09:11 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
That's some pretty complex stuff you are trying to do, i suggest you make a character out of spheres and start to learn how to animate and with each turn you will learn a technical thing with it, you start at a to high a level