Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 20-12-2010 , 05:20 AM

Suggest a Character Rig

I want to give animation a try but I want to start out with something simple. I want to do a single subject talking into a camera or something like that. I don't want to model a person though (mainly cuz I'm a set modeler not a character modeler). Therefore, I'd like to download a free character that is already rigged and ready to animate. I'd love any suggestions on a rig I can use. I don't know much about animation but here's what I want.

1. Character with decent facial rig (but not complicated) since I will be doing lip syncing.
2. Male or female as long as it's human.
3. Character needs to have fingers that can be animated.
4. I don't have unlimited version of maya so I think I need a character that doesn't require ncloth or hair/fur.

Can anyone recommend a free character rig that I can use with as many of the above features as possible?

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 2 20-12-2010 , 05:34 AM
Hey Perfecto,

I would suggest Andy rig.

It covers all your requirements plus the same rig can be switched to a male or female character.

A good rig to start with.

Mahesh

# 3 20-12-2010 , 05:36 AM
Very quick reply, thanks a whole heap for that Mahesh.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!