Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 31-10-2015 , 08:37 PM

3D Paint effects are flat

Hi everyone!

I am completely new to Maya and this forum and I would really need your help! I am trying to add some foliage to a scene with 3D Paint Effects. I have a polygon plane that has a UV map attached to it and I was tying to brush some bushes on it. However, they turn out flat and not 3D and I have no idea why. Tried it on 3 different computers and also with a whole new scene, same result every time. Does anyone know a solution to this?

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 01-11-2015 , 06:18 AM
Subscriber
Did you make the surface paintable?
If not, search for "Making Paintable" in the help menu and apply this command to the mesh.
Did you try any 3D Paint tool simply on the empty space?

# 3 01-11-2015 , 09:41 AM
Thanks for your reply, I tried the "make paintable" option, but there is no difference...Painting the effect onto the gird doesn't work for me at all, nothing happens.

# 4 01-11-2015 , 03:59 PM
Subscriber
which paint effect did you try, which is you Maya Version?

# 5 01-11-2015 , 04:46 PM
Subscriber
Maybe you can share your file