Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 22-02-2004 , 07:15 PM

Dual Monitor Hypershade problems

I have dual monitors. On one i have the maya interface, the other is outliner and hypershade. This is how i used maya 4 for a while. For some reason in maya 4 when you right click on the right monitor, the menu would goto the boarder of the left and right monitor on the left side, where the main application was. I got used to it.

In maya 5 the menu doesnt even show up unless its in the left window, is there a way to fix this. All those with dual monitors and maya 5.

# 2 22-02-2004 , 07:22 PM
The Maya Mountain
I've never used dual monitors, so I really don't know. Sorry.

# 3 22-02-2004 , 07:25 PM
Yeah... very limited amount of peopel here have. I hope i coudl get an answer that will help. My whole workflow is all messed up now.. i guess none of the menus work in the other window. (those are right clicked windows)

# 4 22-02-2004 , 07:55 PM
Subscriber
What card and software are you using? If it's Nvidia and nView, this is what i am using and everything works perfectly. You'll probably need to enable Window spanning across monitors.

# 5 22-02-2004 , 08:09 PM
Windows spanning is enabled i think. My father set most of it up. Ill go through all the settings later to see.

# 6 23-02-2004 , 12:40 AM
I use dual sometimes but it eats crunching power, I would say it has to do with your vid card drivers/compatability. i have had no problems with display other wise.
I use a gforce 440 user added image

# 7 23-02-2004 , 12:47 AM
Subscriber
Yep, definitely sounds like you need to set your dualies to Horizontal Span mode... if you're running an NVIDIA card:

To do this right-click your desktop, select Properties then Settings, and press the Advanced button.
When the dialog box pops up click on the tab for your NVIDIA card, select nView display mode in the sidebar and in the nView modes field choose "Horizontal Span".

That should fix you up!

Here's what I'm talking about (sorry for the wide image)

Attached Thumbnails

That'll do donkey... that'll do...
# 8 23-02-2004 , 02:02 AM
Subscriber
Horizontal span isn't the problem rich. I've seen the exact same problem with horizontal span enabled. It's the nView settings themselves that need adjusted. You'll find them in the control panel. Enabling window spanning is different from Horizontal Span in the Display mode. When i disable window spanning right click menus appear in strange places, if the hypershade is in the second monitor right click doesn't even work.

# 9 23-02-2004 , 12:50 PM
I dont have any of those screen because i have a radeon 9600, i looked through as many options as i could. No success.

Its getting really hard to have a good workflow with this. I might have to go back to maya 4 where although it had problems it was still useable.

# 10 23-02-2004 , 03:21 PM
Subscriber
From what i've read this is an issue with ATI cards and Maya running dual view and there seems to be no solution, though Nvidia cards don't have these problems.