Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 61 05-06-2009 , 06:48 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
If you guys(and gals off course) watch the news tomorrow and suddenly get a newsflash about a guy in the Netherlands who is on a killingspree, killing of all couriers that work near or around Amsterdam, don't be surprised if it is about me;

I bought the tablet online and told the company to send it to my workadress so i was sure i had the tablet today, which al worked out.
I received a track and trace number from which i could see where my package was;
At 10 in the morning i checked it said that it was still on the delivery route, so i went back to work hoping to see a courier any moment.
Just before lunch i checked again and it was still on the delivery route according to the website. so after i ate i went back to work, but before that i send a mail to the couriercompany asking if they expected to come nearby amsterdam anywhere in this century.
Around 15:00 i checked the site again and it said it was delivered and signed by someone unknown to me and doesn't work at my company so i called them and they said they delivered it to a company just around the corner at 8:30 in the morning and left a note in the mailbox, so i ran to the mailbox got the paper and with a mixture of happiness and rabbies, for lack of better words i ran to the company that was a mere 50 meters away where it was laying there doing nothing and just around the corner.......and closed at 14:00 on fridays.
And iin case your wondering no they are not open at saturday nor sunday, so it will have to wait until monday.

So tonight i am going to have some good times with my best friends Johnny Walker and Jack Daniels and tomorrow the headlines i shall be known through out history as the courierkiller LOL

@ meredith;
" Dam thats one ugly tan line on his chest!"
And you are lucky not to be a dutch courier user added image
And thanks for the compliment

@ColdWave;
" i know what is to do sculpt with mouse. I do it as well"
It's good to know that i am not alone with this illnes called mousesculpting.
I don't know how much money you've got or what Wacoms cost in bulgary, but i got my new Wacom intuos 3 at a 50% end of life discount since they will be replaced by the new intuos 4, at first i wanted the new one(they look pretty slick if you ask me), but then reason kicked in; i only sculpt and texture with it, in maya/max/motionbuilder/fusion i use a mouse i can't seem to get used to a pen workflow in those packages and the intuos 3 cost me 270 Euro inc Vat and the Intuos 4 would cost me 470 Euro inc Vat so to me that is a no brainer.
I am sure that everywhere else they have a similar discount on "old " models so i would certainly scour the internet if i were youuser added image

# 62 05-06-2009 , 08:10 PM
Buddy here for 8h working per day the salary for one month is 270EURO or less... What should i eat ... but whatever. I must work about 4-5 months to afford this user added image I'm looking for 50 Euro model :blush: .

Yeah like you mouse work flow in maya etc.. is best and i have not in my mind to change the way i work user added image

Just need the Tablet only to make normal maps + textures that's all user added image

P.s And to learn some concept drawing in Photoshop... :blush:

p.s 2 still waiting for progress. Did you have in mind to animate it ?

# 63 05-06-2009 , 09:34 PM
"........ Buddy here for 8h working per day the salary for one month is 270EURO or less... "

- i am sorry i didn't mean to offend you:blush:

I also apologize to the answer i gave on your thread on forehand because i know that i said something there that could be interpreted as insulting, it wasn't meant like that

but surely Wacoms would be cheaper where you live right, if they charge 270 euro for a tablet no one will buy it?

I will work on Indy tomorrow or the day after when i have time, i was to distraught this evening, in mourning if you will LOL

# 64 05-06-2009 , 09:37 PM
its 300 Euro !! Here can you imagine .... my country is full of MAFIA ! :angery: :headbang: And we the other people not selling weapons,drugs and not making deals ... are getting it :headbang: But i hope soon i will move from here user added image

# 65 05-06-2009 , 10:31 PM
It shows character that you not take the easy way and it will be a loss for Bulgaria if people like you will leave it.
It will create a climate of hopelessness and in a climate such as this criminal organisations thrive.

I understand your desire to leave and get a better life somewhere else, so i try not to judge you, but surely you have some younger relatives maybe even some children of your own, they need rolemodels that showw them a hard but correct way instead of the easy way?

I mean you guys are in the europian union, for all it's other flaws it will drag bulgaria from the shadow protecting it give them a strong currency which benefits export and trade in general and in the long run your country will get a bit richer whilest the rich countries get a bit poorer leveling everything out.
Crime and corruption will drop in my believe since those things stem from poverty and lack of futureprospect.

# 66 05-06-2009 , 11:27 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by mastone
If you guys(and gals off course) watch the news tomorrow and suddenly get a newsflash about a guy in the Netherlands who is on a killingspree, killing of all couriers that work near or around Amsterdam, don't be surprised if it is about me;

i thought this was actually going to appear on the news...
that sucks... you'd think they'd get the delivery adress right....

coldwave, could you get a cheaper non-wacom tablet?

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 67 06-06-2009 , 06:31 AM

Originally posted by Chirone
i thought this was actually going to appear on the news...
that sucks... you'd think they'd get the delivery adress right....

coldwave, could you get a cheaper non-wacom tablet?

Well i've talk with some people but non-wacome tablets just make so much trouble. So for now i'm going for wacome but i will get the money somehow user added image....

Lets stop talking about that ... and continue the thread pls

# 68 19-08-2009 , 03:26 PM
Well it's been quite a while and it might be a bit of a disappointment for people who are expecting great things but after a"little pause" and another look at the model without the textures i saw that there was still something not right.
I have made some revisions on his head as you can see below so if any of you spot something than that would be great user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 69 19-08-2009 , 03:53 PM
Looks a lot better!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 70 19-08-2009 , 04:06 PM
Thanks it was a bit of a splinter in my eye, i kept looking at the model and felt that there was something wrong so i pressed the renderbutton over and over again, but your mind plays tricks on you after a while i guess because after a while i didn't see it anymore.
But when i picked it up again yesterday it suddenly became clear what was wrong so i started revisioning his head .
I dropped is jaw a bit to elongue the head a bit

Attached Thumbnails
# 71 19-08-2009 , 09:15 PM
Subscriber
looks like there is something wrong with the eyes... not sure how to describe it though

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 72 19-08-2009 , 10:08 PM
I guess you meant the corner of the eyes made him look a bit " oriental right ?
Or do you mean topology wise , then please (try to) explain, i have fiddled with his head some more pulled the corner of his eyes a bit down(little below the iris) and some other things which most of you probably won't see,unless you layed the picture next to a previous render.
There is still a harsh line on his browridge but that i will do away tomorrow when I have some time again

Attached Thumbnails
# 73 21-08-2009 , 09:35 PM
Well spent an hour tweaking the head model a bit.
I did a little render to check up on inconsistencies, model wise i didn't see any major stuff any more although i found that dr jones wass looking crosseyed in my rendered sequence which i found a bit odd since when i look in my topview the geometry of the eyes are perfectly aligned with the grid ????
see image could it be a lens effect or some other optical illusion?

Here is the link to the testround
https://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=NL&v=5R2d6lcxhuk

Attached Images
# 74 21-08-2009 , 09:46 PM
Work a bit more on body topology.
Right now the shoulders looks a bit odd and some other stuffs on the chest and arms...

Take some reffs from google...

Nice work so far go till the end with this model pls !
user added image

# 75 27-08-2009 , 11:07 PM

Attached Thumbnails