Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 02-12-2008 , 01:24 PM

explosions and such

me and a classmate were thinking of a way to make a video of a skull being stepped on and crushed, only our teacher doesn't understand maya so we are self taught noobs and we could only come up with one may of making the skull break... seperating it out into tiny pieces and animating every single tiny little piece... I don't think this is even humanly possible and i was wondering if there was ana answer that would save us a ton of time making a 5 piece skull and pretending like it gets broken apart

# 2 02-12-2008 , 02:42 PM
Dyanmics and the shatter command should get you going with it.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 02-12-2008 , 05:17 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
If you need help on that look in the help
or if like most beginners you have a irrational fear of the help system ive got a similar tutorial here that covers shatter
https://elephantanimations.110mb.com/effects.html
(shatter is quite close to the bottom)

# 4 03-12-2008 , 12:12 AM
Subscriber
like gster said, use shatter, it'll break your skull into pieces and i'm pretty sure they get turned into active rigid bodies, so they will fall once you move the pieces slightly.

you can also turn the foot into a passive rigidbody and that should move the pieces around.

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D