Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 12-02-2003 , 03:05 PM
Subscriber

VRML??

As I havent had any expirence in VRML format can anyone tell me, is it possible to walk around within a scene as large as say a game level? and be interactive on the web?
Or is it just to view around a single object?
Cheers dudes!

# 2 12-02-2003 , 03:27 PM
Don't know how it is these days but few years back I converted one Quake 2 level to VRML as a test. The result wasn't too bad. Of course the file size(s) are something to be look after. Ppl don't want to wait the download if it's too big...

Another thing is how many ppl has a VRML player and how many of them how don't have are willing to download one just to see one VRML scene or so...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 12-02-2003 , 04:03 PM
Subscriber

Converting

Hi,
The file sizes are not a prob as it would be going on a CD rom but is it possible to make the VRML scene interative via Director?
The project is for an interactive walkabout which can be veiwed using explorer. The only way at the moment is to export my Maya models using Polytrans take them into Max and use Reactor to assign Soft/hard body dynamics them export from Max to the file format which then can be imported into Director for our programers to do their magic.
Thing is, is that the models are complete and the programers are waiting for their W3D files but im having probs finding out the best way to do the middle man work..
Any suggestions?

It is by my will alone I set my mind in motion