Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 03-03-2003 , 08:40 PM

What do you do to get your artsy fluids flowing?

I'm sure everyone of us have had days when you just feel you can't get anything done. I'm having such day today. Been fooling around with maya and photoshop but haven't got anything done. You just get bored whatever task you start with.

The question is: What do you do to get the motivation and enthusiasm back? Do you take a break and try again another day or what? What works for you? user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 2 03-03-2003 , 08:42 PM
The Maya Mountain
I enjoy watching movies of a sci-fi or fantasy persuasion... or any movie with some kind of FX.

# 3 03-03-2003 , 09:20 PM
Subscriber
For me to get going on a project, i love to get hyped from a certain show or movie.. or someone who can really make me excited, and tell me what i can do with it and whatnot. So then i always can get started on it and most of the time that general energy will keep me going for long enough until i get connected to the project user added image. Also what works for me is if i switch to something else, and work on another project... like i am always switching between a organic model, a non-organic model, a webdesign and working on the showcases along with my messenger clients and sm... that way you are never working on one thing for too long. I dont know though, it also depends on personal prefrence.... MUSIC has a huge part to play in the whole thing as well user added image. Cya kb.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 4 03-03-2003 , 09:30 PM
Supreme Being
well i always like seeing other 3d artists work... i find them really motivating

# 5 03-03-2003 , 10:15 PM
Subscriber
I agree - movies and music are certainly motivational, but as Roman says, looking at orther artists' work is the biggest inspiration I need. Some of the things I see people create just makes my jaw hit the floor. Of course you then get the encouragement from your peers like you do here on SM. What more do you need? user added image

# 6 03-03-2003 , 10:16 PM
Kevin
I have a few beers! always works!

# 7 03-03-2003 , 11:30 PM
Subscriber
I watch music videos, something about video and music thats inspiring.

# 8 03-03-2003 , 11:46 PM
I do the same as Mike.

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 9 04-03-2003 , 08:57 AM
I tried to watch a movie yesterday but I fell asleep user added image Guess I was just too tired :p

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

# 10 04-03-2003 , 11:57 AM
Subscriber
1) listen to music. Close your eyes and create a story to go along with it.
2) Watch a movie. Matrix, Star Wars, The Mummy, Star Trek, or Anime. user added image
3) Take a break. (Most common for me) Sometimes your brain just gets warped from sitting in front of the computer too long. Go out and have a drive, sit outside and look at nature, or workout.
4) Have a few few beers like Kevin said.
5) Have more beers.
6) Look at other people's CG work.
7) Explore a feature in Maya you have never used before, then attempt to apply it to whatever you're working on.
8) Go to sleep. Are you tired?

# 11 04-03-2003 , 04:28 PM
Subscriber
Darkware, you missed a few steps inbetween 6 and 8.....

(have even more beers) user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 12 04-03-2003 , 04:38 PM
Have few beers then more and then even more beers and then try a new feature in maya? Yikes user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

# 13 04-03-2003 , 04:50 PM
Subscriber
If you have a DVD player, put in a favorite movie's special features on how they did the FX....

Workout....

Punch the bag...

Kata...

https://www.darrylworley.com/

https://www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.html
# 14 05-03-2003 , 01:37 AM
Subscriber
very true hidalgo...cant tell u how many times ive watched the special features on LotR extended edition...magic user added image

# 15 06-03-2003 , 09:48 AM
I took a 2 week break from 3d

just starting to get back into it