Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 26-03-2012 , 03:15 PM

Save animation as avi or something

Okay, i made a simply animation for a task, one of the vfx studio here, to get an internship.
I made a animation, ball jumping onto circle. Now, how to save the animation into video, so i can show them the result?

# 2 26-03-2012 , 03:28 PM
Subscriber
You can pick .avi as 'image format' in rendering settings..

Should be enough for a bouncing ball, but it's not recommended for heavier scenes that require longer to render, cause if it crashes then you lose all the progress. Usually you want to render an image sequence and then convert to video file in AE or Premiere..

# 3 26-03-2012 , 03:31 PM
Technical Director
Not to mention that you also have very little control over the compression settings.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 4 26-03-2012 , 03:37 PM
Great community
I haven't been doing an animation in Maya yet, but in 3DS Max I used to render into image sequence and then just combine those images to one .avi file via Adobe Premiere. It also has an advantage; if render crashes, you won't need to render whole animation again, but, just continue from the last image.

Creck

May the good times and treasures of the present become the golden memories of tomorrow.