Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 17-07-2004 , 08:30 AM

College Grants

Hey guys,

I am shipping off to Fullsail later this year(class starts November 18)

Estimated costs including living are around $56,000 and I really need financial help.

I have been searching for scholorships, applied to the very few that actually apply to me, however I am trying to find grants that could help me out that apply to me, going to a tech school, and learning computer animation.

I am having the hardest time trying to find financial aid(grants and scholorships both)...and I was wondering if anyone on here know of any foundations that could help, or how to find available ones period.

I am 18 years old and moving all the way to Orlando from Seattle on my own, and I am also paying for everything myself(my family has no money whatsoever) and I am hoping to get enough financial aid that I dont have to work and juggle class at the same time. If I have to work, then I will of course.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to focus on learning computer animation(use Maya @ FullSail :thumbsup: )...I just want to be able to goto class 8 hours a day, absorb every word that is said, every example and just start kicking ass on further learning 3d Animation and all the aspects, then go get a great career when I'm graduated.

So if anyone could help me out that is MUCH appreciated. I just can't seem to find anything user added image

Thanks guys! user added image

Dan

# 2 17-07-2004 , 05:02 PM
Subscriber
i'm in the same boat as you user added image
Full sail is a very fast paced school. i have a few friends there. i'm heading to Pratt in NY this september.
8hr school days are really 12-18hrs. and many all nighters, full sail is not ideal for students like you and i, by that i mean, it is very expensive and FL does not have too many jobs (part -time) or even if you do find a decent job, your school schedule would be overwhelming, it is really no-stop assignments etc... Pratt is a bit more forgiving, it is $38,000 per year, including cost of living. and you get a more well rounded animation learning experience. Full Sail was my first choice, but after i research a bit more, Pratt was more ideal for me.
as for grants and scholorships, i do not know any 3d specific scholorship or grands outhere. but there are other grands you can apply for, www.fastweb.com. adn good luck.

# 3 17-07-2004 , 05:37 PM
Subscriber

# 4 17-07-2004 , 05:58 PM
uh... anybody has something to say about the new york film academy?

Last edited by dragonfx; 18-07-2004 at 10:06 AM.
# 5 17-07-2004 , 08:50 PM
thnx vladimir...

with my current situation, if I am unable to recieve any grants or scholorships I am definately going to take out a ton of student loans...but I am kind of dreading that heh...

the search continues...and ill definately check out that link

# 6 18-07-2004 , 04:09 AM
dang I can't download that program you gave vlad...

I have AOhell...56k...and it wont even let me download 1mb... user added image

thats the only reason I havnt bought the Trex/Oliphant/Apache/Skeleman tutorials

...dangit

# 7 18-07-2004 , 05:41 AM
Subscriber
that sux painterdan.

you can always keep looking on fastweb.com for more non-3d-specific scholarships.
good luck

# 8 18-07-2004 , 10:12 AM
ya I'll keep looking on fastweb and do some endless Google searches...

all I can find are sites that say BUY THIS!!!! GIVE US $50 and we'll send you a book...etc.

I'm not looking to buy stuff google...just give me a link to a foundation that will help me...*shakes fist* user added image

I'll hold on to that link though...if I ever get a connection fast enough to download that program...

good luck @ Pratt Vlad

would anyone else happen to know something that could help me out????? user added image

# 9 18-07-2004 , 06:48 PM
Is $56,000 per year uni costs expensive in the US. Over here its just over £1,000 per year (soon to go up to £3k) Probably avg cost £25k for all 3 years for most student.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 10 18-07-2004 , 08:31 PM

Originally posted by z1mmnd14
Is $56,000 per year uni costs expensive in the US. Over here its just over £1,000 per year (soon to go up to £3k) Probably avg cost £25k for all 3 years for most student.

I'm confused :o

Umm $35,000 for school and another $20,000 + for living costs is pretty damn expensive where I come from ...

I don't really understand all the £:$ ratio stuff user added image

# 11 18-07-2004 , 11:16 PM
Subscriber
35k is pretty expensive to me too.... and this is for computer animation, not a doctorate degree or law degree...
Pratt is 38,000/yr and it's a 4 year school user added image that's damn expensive to me