Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 04-02-2006 , 03:27 PM
Subscriber

Mr Xeno Returns

Right this is no means a finished polished peice as you will be able to tell from looking at it. I started it ages ago but forgot about it. What I want to achieve from it is some facial animation using blend shapes on a simple character's face and do some lipsyncing.

I haven't done the lipsyncing yet just some preliminary facial gesticulations but I must admit I am learning a lot from this experiment.

Here's the link if you dare: Mr Xeno

Tickety boo and ta ta for a bit...
Gazzamataz
https://www.gazzamataz.com
# 2 04-02-2006 , 03:54 PM
that is one hell of an ugly guy lol. user added image

looks of so far but for added character you may want to think about more movement in the face when stiking a pose. what i mean is like when he smiles his nostrils/nose widens, cheeks expand and lift and his eyes squint. looking in a mirror whilst animating the blend shapes helps to visualize.

# 3 04-02-2006 , 04:53 PM

Re: Mr Xeno Returns

... facial gesticulations ...

GESTICULATIONS ... thats gonna be my word for the day!

I like the character design. Looking forward to seeing what you make of it.

Dave

# 4 04-02-2006 , 05:15 PM
Subscriber

that is one hell of an ugly guy lol.

He's meant to be user added image as for going into more detail with the facial expressions I hadn't planned on doing that since he is only a simple poly model with the normals softened.

But I might go further, I will be posting some conversation from him soonuser added image

Tickety boo and ta ta for a bit...
Gazzamataz
https://www.gazzamataz.com
# 5 05-02-2006 , 04:43 PM
Cool start!!