Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 24-11-2002 , 10:10 PM
Subscriber

hello

HI all

this is my first post here and i am sure its not going to be my last but the information i am looking for is this is my first time using maya and i dont know a lot about it and 3d as a hole but i like to do so so where do i start .user added image or is it a bad ID user added image

P4 3.2 ATI 9800xt 256. 1gb ram 19"lcd ..
# 2 24-11-2002 , 10:22 PM
is it a bad idea to start messing with 3d? hell no

I got into it for a hobby when i was studying programming at college as it allowed me to be more creative, been doing it ever since as a hobby. That was about 3.5 years ago.

As you aren't very experience in 3d, my advice would be to keep it simple and be prepared to be very patient. don't expect to be able to model Aki Ross from Final Fantasy next month. Also do as many tutorials as you can find.

Oh and welcome aboard

# 3 24-11-2002 , 10:24 PM
Subscriber
I'm not sure what you're asking as far as "bad ID" goes. If you're talking about the license number you are supposed to obtain to install Maya, then you must contact Alias|Wavefront about that. If you're just talking about beginning modeling, texturing, and whatnot, I would suggest going through a few tutorials, which can be found here at SimplyMaya. Ask question about what you're trying to do and we'll do our best to answer.

# 4 24-11-2002 , 10:26 PM
Subscriber
or maybe you abreviated idea as ID.

*slaps his forehead*

# 5 24-11-2002 , 11:57 PM
Subscriber
3D is never a choice it is the only choice.

I started this just as a hobby and noe I just cant get away!

Never Do Today What You Can Put Off Till Tomorrow..
My New Site MayaFx.com
# 6 25-11-2002 , 12:31 AM
SM Alumni
Oh no, Killer Bees!!!

Sorry, thought you were after my honey, it's always bees or that damn Poohbear user added image

Everybody has to start somewhere in order to learn anything new....and this is a great place to start user added image 3d is everywhere today, videogames, commercials, special effects in movies, animated features, web graphics....and more to come! Just be ready to get frustrated...a lot actually! But it will all fall into place as you learn.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, there's a great bunch of nuts here always willing to help out.....and oh yeah, welcome to Simply Maya user added image

Darkon

Red bellows of flame have blackened my stones
Convulsing my frame and cracking my bones
Hell's dragons of steel who roar in their chains
Crawl into my caves to suck out my veins.....

-The Mountain P.F.M.
# 7 25-11-2002 , 08:26 PM
Subscriber

thanks

thank you lads for your welcome and your invite to help me out
as for maya i started using the "MAYA Personal Learning Edition"
and its got a very good tutorials and well done
Alias|Wavefrontone ....i know its going to be a long road to get into using maya but with the help you guys or handing out it will be great and THANK YOU AGAIN Simply Maya team
:banana:

# 8 25-11-2002 , 11:38 PM
Subscriber
I started with PLE user added image
But I just orderd last week Maya completeuser added image
should be here in a few days

BOY IS MY WIFE MAD!!!!:mingun:

Never Do Today What You Can Put Off Till Tomorrow..
My New Site MayaFx.com
# 9 26-11-2002 , 12:02 AM
Supreme Being
welcome to SM killerBee.. :p
btw.. do you by any chance listen to Wu..?

# 10 26-11-2002 , 12:20 AM
Subscriber
welcome to SM killerbee. user added image

i started with the Personal learners edition too.... i got frusrated by the "do not distribute commercial" or so thingie.. so i got my self Maya Unlimited 4..user added image

btw.. i am part hobbyist / part professionalist / student

# 11 26-11-2002 , 12:21 AM
Subscriber
and by the way... did ya check ou the free tutorials simply maya offers??.. will get you up and stunning in no time!!!

# 12 30-11-2002 , 11:08 PM
Subscriber

maya

user added image as you say it will take a bit of time to use maya user added image user added image here i go again

# 13 30-11-2002 , 11:49 PM
Subscriber
maya is a damn big package.... it has modelling, animation, shading, texturing, phew!!! just to name a few... and they are further divided into sub-categories... trax editor, graph edit, blah blah... but if you learn it with interest(which i am sure you have), it is pretty "easy".. give it some 6-7 months and you will start modelling and animation in no time...