Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 31 24-02-2011 , 01:16 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Nice. This looks really good. The only thing that strikes me as odd, is how the nose, the wings and the engine seem very hard-edged, but the midsection seems very organic in contrast. But it doesn't take away from the design... maybe some hard edges along the body would tie it in. Might make it look even faster too...

Great work though.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 32 24-02-2011 , 01:40 PM
Tweety:
There's not too much more that I have planned, it was just a few little things, tread on the accelerator pedals (now done), cushioning on the seat (also now done), a little more detailing on the panels and maybe some rivets (done part of, will do the rivets if I have time), also I've now changed the handle bar angle so it's even more like a choppers. Not going to do anything on the dash, it'll be a touch screen LED display, I tried out some different things there and they just looked wrong.
There was a couple of other ideas I had, like the landing gear housing and the landing gear itself, but I may just make the housing and cover and leave the gear until after the comp. I will also have a go at texturing this at some point when work calms down a bit!

Steve:
I wondered why nobody had mentioned the hard edge and curvy mix already, it was done on purpose (obviously...lol), I set myself a little mini challenge at the start to see if I could pull off a mix of the two without it looking totally crap, and think I've done a half decent job of it, well, I hope I have. I did listen though, and have added a slightly more defined edge along the main curve of the middle section, probably not that noticeable but hopefully it'll add to the overall look.
Thanks for the nice words too mate!

Not a great update here, but I guess the changes will become less and less noticeable as I'm working on all the smallest details at the moment, this render has the seat covers done though, am quite happy how they turned out.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Dango77; 24-02-2011 at 01:55 PM.
# 33 24-02-2011 , 01:47 PM
Here's the bigger sizes of the renders.... Just noticed you can't really see it that well on the smaller one with the different angles, not sure whether to do a one shot final render, or an image with multiple.
Have to give that some thought.

Attached Thumbnails
# 34 24-02-2011 , 03:10 PM
They probably won't even be visible in the final render, but I've started adding them anyway, riveting it is not....lol

Attached Thumbnails
# 35 24-02-2011 , 10:55 PM
Lifetime Member
mate that looks bloody nice! a good entry for sure mate!

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 36 25-02-2011 , 04:49 AM
Subscriber
Wow I love the detail you're adding in.

~To create a new world through the imagination
# 37 25-02-2011 , 08:16 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Great job dango.....

J

# 38 25-02-2011 , 10:48 AM
Thanks for all the kind words people, I'm very happy everyone likes it!
Hopefully I'll have all the smallest details done by the end of the day, I'm trying to fit it in around designing gardens but I tend to get carried away when I do that and get half the amount of work done that I'm meant to...lol
Plus I might end up with a garden design with a distinct sci-fi feel to it...hahaha

# 39 26-02-2011 , 01:39 AM
19 year Veteran
This is one of the entries that I think has a really good chance of winning. It's got it all. It, looks cool, it looks powerful, and it looks fast, and it's highly detailed. I think you should texture it after the challenge, or if you have the time, do it for the challenge.

# 40 26-02-2011 , 11:35 AM
Thanks THX!
I will texture this at some point, I won't have any time before Monday, but I'll definitely give it a go afterwards. Although it is the weekend I won't have much time at all before the finals are due in, spending it with my girlfriend and then I'll be at a job all day Monday so it's looking like mines pretty much done.
Maybe I'll get an hour or two an Monday evening to play about before I post the final image.

# 41 26-02-2011 , 12:26 PM
Lifetime Member
LOL colour it in..........

cheers bullet

time...a curse...lineal...dammit

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 42 26-02-2011 , 12:50 PM
That's absolutely brilliant! I love it. My favorite entry along with TweetyTunes' entry!

# 43 26-02-2011 , 03:27 PM
Subscriber
It is a very nice model - well done - the only snag I have with it is the seat angle - it does not look very practical for where the foot rests are. If this was going full speed the rider would be pushed right back. Maybe put some ruff human on the thing to test it out and see if the design work, but for me at the moment to does look a little off - as I said only a small thing with the placement but not the modelling.

Starting to wish I did not cox you in to take part now user added image