Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 17-05-2007 , 11:50 PM

Extruding cv curves?

I've drawn a cv curve in the shape of a credit card and I'm trying to extrude the face of it to give it some depth. But I'm not having any luck. Could someone point me in the right direction? I'm using Maya 8.5. Thanks.

# 2 17-05-2007 , 11:53 PM
Jr.Who
What? Do you mean loft? Can you post a pic? user added image

# 3 18-05-2007 , 12:18 AM
user added image

Ive made the cv curve to fit the shape of the credit card image plane. But I dont want the card to be thin, I want to extrude the face of the cv curve to give it some body and turn the credit card into an Iphone (shown below)

user added image

Im very new to Maya, this is my first project so please spell it out for me step by step!

Thanks

# 4 18-05-2007 , 05:03 AM
Subscriber
Jr. Who pointed you in the rihgt direction.

Duplicate the curve and and translate it in the desired depth. select both curves and go to surfaces->loft.

this will give youthe desired effect. due to history still intact you can adjust the depth by moving the curve.

cheers

Badger

# 5 18-05-2007 , 05:12 AM
Jr.Who
You could just loft the original curve, then go Convert>NURBS to Polys and then extrude the faces.

# 6 19-05-2007 , 10:30 PM
Many ways to do this.

I would do it in the following way.

I would first ensure that the curve is closed (and not opened).

Next I'll create a Planar surface, choosing to create polygons instead of Nurbs. Other setting differ from situations.

After the polygon is created, select the faces and extrude the face.

# 7 19-05-2007 , 10:54 PM
Thanks guys, Im back on track now!