Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 01-09-2009 , 10:51 PM

Advice:were to go and which to buy?

Hey fellows,

Just wondering what book/DVD I would buy if I wanted to learn to create/model a human from head to toe, with emphasis on good topology which i struggle with. and to rig it ready for animation....I know there is alot out there but which would you guys recommend for a beginnerish person.

Thanks guys

# 2 02-09-2009 , 12:02 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon

Re: Advice:were to go and which to buy?

Originally posted by silverspawn
Hey fellows,

Just wondering what book/DVD I would buy if I wanted to learn to create/model a human from head to toe, with emphasis on good topology which i struggle with. and to rig it ready for animation....I know there is alot out there but which would you guys recommend for a beginnerish person.

Thanks guys

I have started with the gnomon dvd head and body modeling when i started with organic modeling it's a bit dated(around maya 6.5 ), but it deals with all the basics I would start from there or something similar first before going to nextgen or cinematic approaches because the learning curve will be to steep start light with everything and build up from there.
Trust me when I say that charactermodeling will always be a struggle