Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 15-12-2010 , 12:32 PM
Lifetime Member

3D paint clone tool Spitfire Tutorial

Ok its probably staring me in the face but jeez they couldnt have made this tool (or the help file) any harder?? hhmmm maybe they could.

Ok I get this error when I try to set the clone source

// Warning: Some surfaces have no file texture assigned to the current attribute. //

Now I have read the help file and it tells me this

If you have not previously painted or assigned file textures to one or more of the surfaces, the following warning appears on the Command Feedback line:

Which doesnt tell me much. I have a texture assigned to a shader to an object...so what am I missing?? When I go to assign a texture the plane I havent selected goes black. Now I have a feeling texture mapping and some other horrible stuff may be involved here? When I was doing the tutorial the UV's were mapped fairly well but as I have learnt, hidden edges (90° to the planar object) mismatch in Maya.

I havent got to the end of the tut so I may be jumping the gun...but as I assume I am currently building the igloo without the door I thought I would ask. No sleight is intended towards Kurt or the tut in this query.

cheers bullet

Attached Thumbnails

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes

Last edited by bullet1968; 15-12-2010 at 12:53 PM.
# 2 15-12-2010 , 12:44 PM
The thin red line
Bullet you should have said 3D paint tool, with the objest selected go to the 3D paint tool box click on that will bring up the settings on the right hand side, go down and assign a texture choose size. This texture is stored in the 3D paint folder.................dave

# 3 15-12-2010 , 01:00 PM
Lifetime Member
I did that dave and the only thing I can assign is colour?? then what isnt selected turns black and I cant see what Im doing. Then when Im done I cant get the texture back...man this is a pain in the butt.

Thanks anyways dave Im lost on this...turing left all the time

cheers bullet.

Heading title changed

here is the plane? I now assume the object has to be 1 whole mesh or something?user added image

Attached Thumbnails

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes

Last edited by bullet1968; 15-12-2010 at 01:04 PM.