Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 20-02-2004 , 07:44 PM

my first post!

hi...
I just need to ask you guys how the animation of a carachter can be done in Maya... I see here on forum - for example a t-rex and I was just wondering on how will the arms and legs will be animated? can maya simulate joints? how? some links on carachter animation will be cool!
THNX a lot, and great place this forum!
THNX again!!
ovidiu

# 2 20-02-2004 , 09:32 PM
Subscriber
I suggest the tutorials on this forum. are plenty of free ones and purchasing the others is not that expensive. These will get you up and running in no time at all.

good luck!

# 3 21-02-2004 , 01:37 AM
Subscriber
ovidiu, and don't worry Maya. Is up there in the top3 or 4 app's for animation. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

# 4 21-02-2004 , 08:04 AM
I would say number 1 user added image

ovidiu : Basicly you draw your joints, and set up constrains on how they will react with FK/IK in Maya. Then you bind the model to the final skeleton (this is called Skinning). Make all sorts of adjustments to make the skin move with the skeleton in a correct way. And then you start to animate.

A good thing is to go through the Maya tutorials first, then take a look at thetutorials on this site, for more in-depth information.

I wish you the best of luck.

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S
# 5 21-02-2004 , 09:05 AM
thnx@everybody!

caligraphics: FK/IK?

# 6 21-02-2004 , 11:21 AM
FK = Forward Kinematics
IK = Inverse Kinematics

Carsten Lind