Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 02-09-2007 , 09:37 PM

nCloth

does anybody know why my nCloth object is starting to penetrate the collision object after a certain frame (like 100 - 150) in anim is reached?

Attached Thumbnails

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.
# 2 02-09-2007 , 10:01 PM
It might be that you have to up the number of subdivisions for the object.

I think it works by calculating the colides between the verts and the lines between them to make a colision plane, if I remember reading a post by Duncan Brinsmede (think thats his name, one of the principle scientists at autodesk) try smoothin your cube so it has more subdivisions and give that a go.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 03-09-2007 , 01:47 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by gster123
It might be that you have to up the number of subdivisions for the object.

I think it works by calculating the colides between the verts and the lines between them to make a colision plane, if I remember reading a post by Duncan Brinsmede (think thats his name, one of the principle scientists at autodesk) try smoothin your cube so it has more subdivisions and give that a go.

he is 100% right there, there is no were near the number of polys on that cube needed for a simulation.

Also make sure the cache has been delete as It could be using some old cache files.

Check the time frame on the nucle as well as you may have keyed a value there as well

but over all I think its the poly number.

You are using the service pack ain`t you ??? as 8.5 had afew bugs with ncloth

# 4 03-09-2007 , 07:28 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Try turning up friction

_J

# 5 05-09-2007 , 05:55 AM
thx for your replies. it was the resolution of geometry.

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.