Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 01-06-2007 , 01:17 PM
19 year Veteran
I guess that depends on when you were a kid, and if you liked the classic G1 designs at all or not.

To date, only two of Bays movies have made 200 million and one of those two could have done alot better if it actually had a story minus Ben Affleck. Heh, Clint Eastwood could have done a far superior job at directing it than what Bay did, and Armageddon was just plain bad by all accounts.

Anyway, no dissrespect you. If like what you see in the trailers, go for it. If Micheal Bay tickles yor fancy, then good for you. TF will still make money for Speilberg and Bay, no matter what.

BTW, check out this website to see a site that has all the classic G1 and G2 characters. The guy that runs the site modeled all of them in CG. It's really something to see. Linkage

# 17 01-06-2007 , 01:35 PM
yeah - i tend to agree with THX1138 - the new designs aren't really doing anything for me - i wish they'd kept it old school and kept the human element down to a minimum.

on a side note, i don't really see why how much money something has made is an indicator of something being any good. By that argument, mariah carey is a great singer - sorry all you mariah fans - but you know what i'm getting at. Usually when something sells a lot, it's because everyone just jumps on the bandwagon because they've been told it's cool. the really great films, music, whatever are rarely mainstream.

... and scary movie and epic movie are his great films?! er...

# 18 01-06-2007 , 03:21 PM
Im a bit indifferent to the designs to be honest, I think that they look pretty good or what they are, there was no way that they would stick to the originals, or keep them that close to them, just because if they did there would be the argument that they didnt try, just my 2 cents.

I probebly wont go to see it as it seems a little weak from the trailers probably wait till it comes to rent or on DVD. Then again I might do if theres an offer at the cinema, jus to see what its like.

I cant help feeling that there will be sequels though, pretty much regardless of its performance (unless it goes really bad)

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 19 01-06-2007 , 10:23 PM
19 year Veteran
Arran: Yeah your right, The hype machine is what brought Armageddon and Peral Harbor the chash they made. The actual products could have brought in alot more if story was more of an issue. But sadly, Bay is just an action director so story is not a priority with him. Thats why his movies really haven't done as well as they could have, and his early directing background consist's of music videos and commercials, and that trate shows in all of his films. If you study his films closely, you will notice that he often casts Steve Buscemi and Peter Stroma in his movies. He has to have a Brunette in all of his films, and often shows her a control room during the finalie of a film, and they are always shown from the neck up. I could go on and on...

gster123: All by them selves, the designs look good, but they just cant be compared to the classics and be called G1 transformers. Don Murphy has often quoted that Bay didn't like the shape-shifting cartoon designs. So they opted for a total redesign to give them more manuverability, and make them more scientifically accurate for an alien civilization. My problem with that is how do you define the look of an alien civilization to make them look and work scientifically accurate. I have seen some fan made efforts that prove Bays reasoning wrong. I think the truth around the whole thing is that Bay just wanted to make a name for himself by reinventing an established and allready working franchise.

Of course this is just my own opinion.

# 20 04-06-2007 , 06:19 AM
Subscriber

# 21 09-06-2007 , 01:15 PM
Subscriber
Wow, i cant wait till this premier's at the movie!

The CG in that looks crazy user added image