Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 46 26-11-2009 , 10:49 PM
Subscriber
some more time in z, and a bit of deja-vu. I uv mapped two or three items, but am going to sculpt before doing the rest. Ive already got some texture stretching. The cloak is a real challenge to uv well for me, I think I can get away with most of the other parts. Heres an update of the 'fisherman'. I dont know why I've called him that. I kind of took inspiration from the himalayan character from unchartered 2.

Attached Thumbnails
# 47 03-12-2009 , 06:56 PM
Subscriber
just a quick afternote to this thread. Been playing around with zmapper, looking at normal maps and cavity maps. Safer I thought, than displacement. Heres some of what I got in Maya. Still not there (the model doesnt help), but a little bit.

Attached Thumbnails
# 48 03-12-2009 , 07:38 PM
Subscriber
and with eye.(stops it looking quite so lifeless)

Attached Thumbnails
# 49 20-12-2009 , 10:20 PM
Subscriber
i think this thread died a little while ago, but i didnt think it was worth starting another thread for this question, so if anyone reads this....

... i heard on a tutorial last night that displacement maps behave better on sub d surfaces than poly surfaces. can anybody validate this?