Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 29-08-2003 , 01:32 PM

rendering the wire frame?

Hello,

Can anyone help me with rendering the wire frame, or wireframe on shaded mode? I want to render my model with the wire frame on top of the geometry. I also just want to render just the wire frame.

I can't find any function for it in render options, and I don’t want to FCheck then take it to Aftereffects because it would look very low res.

Anyone of you guys out there know how I can do this?

I have considered pulling it into Max, but there must be a way to keep in all in Maya.

Is there an option in the render global were I can turn the wire frame on for a final render?

Thanks ahead

MONK

# 2 29-08-2003 , 01:37 PM
The Maya Mountain
You could, as has been mentioned before, take a UV Snapshot of your model and apply that as a transparancy map to your object, so only where the wireframe is will be visible.

There are plugins available from such sites with that kind of functionality also.

Aside from that, the only other thing in Maya's default ability that I can think of is a playblast.

# 3 29-08-2003 , 01:41 PM
""You could, as has been mentioned before, take a UV Snapshot of your model and apply that as a transparancy map to your object, so only where the wireframe is will be visible. ""

very cool Mike!! thanksuser added image

# 4 29-08-2003 , 01:46 PM
lol if this question gets asked one more time I think I may shoot myself in the head! there's a search button.....there's a sticky thread that tells you to use it...... please use it.... user added image

Welcome to SM by the way user added image

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 5 29-08-2003 , 02:06 PM
You could of course just use vector rendering. It comes with 5.0, just turn the pluggin on and choose vector rendering from the globals. Theres an option to turn on wire frame rendering as well as the thickness of the lines and colour etc. You need a fairly neat model though because you always get it in triangles, so a very busy model might look a bit cluttered.

# 6 29-08-2003 , 02:14 PM
thanks guys. sorry i will use search inthe future

# 7 29-08-2003 , 02:56 PM
oh here i found another way..

all you have to do is open the Hardware Render Buffer, set it to render in wireframe mode (Render > Attributes)

MONK