Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 28-02-2012 , 09:02 PM

The Look

Hi, here is a link to a recent finished personal project.
Would like to hear peoples views and critique.
user added image

https://sircharlesgraham.tv/THE_LOOK.html

Rendered with mental Ray area light, final gather, bokeh depth of field and Gauss filtering.

There was some flickering of text on many of the pages which I couldn't seem to sort out.

The renders also took about a day for 200 - 300 frames. I guess this is down to the depth of field and area light.

Have a look..
Graham.

# 2 28-02-2012 , 09:59 PM
The thin red line
Over all I like it, I did not notice the flicker but thats most likely my eyes, I have herd that final gather dose course that when animating but I think it can be fixed, google final gather and animation flicker............dave

# 3 28-02-2012 , 11:59 PM
Subscriber
I like it. Has a nice feel to it.. great song too btw.

I think that the pages have a bit too much reflection, look too glossy, plasticky.. that hi-light stripe.. I'd tone it down/remove it. That reflection also appears in the bottom left corner of each page for few frames.. it's unnecessary imho.

# 4 29-02-2012 , 04:25 AM
Motion Graphic Designer

comment

Good job

I think the pages are a bit glossy!!!
nice selection of music

If you can breakdown your job I appreciate that!

Keep it up

Moh.Murtaza Mohammadi

knowledge is power
# 5 29-02-2012 , 10:12 AM
Thanks, Ya I guess they are a bit glossy, I may be able to do a render pass of them on there own. I'll try and sort that reflection too.