Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 10-05-2005 , 08:18 AM
Subscriber

Plug-in problem

I'm having problems configuring a Maya plug in I have, which is supposed to allow me to export in DirectX format.

Currently, I have done the following...

1) Copied the *.mll file into C:\program...(etc)\bin\plug-ins along with all the other associated *.mll's.
2) In maya go Window\Preferences\Plug-in manager and when I click the 'loaded' tab next to the *.mll it wont check the box, though the 'auto-load' box will and gives me the message
"The specified module cannot be found"

Any ideas please...

Cheers

Mike

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 2 10-05-2005 , 02:20 PM
Subscriber
sometimes plug ins or tools have to be added to a UserSetup.mb like MJ Polytools or Bonus Tools.... Where did you get this plug in from? you might want to check the documentation that came with this plug in to find out if you have to do this step.

# 3 10-05-2005 , 02:29 PM
Subscriber
Apparantly all I have to do is, copy the *.mll into the bin\plug-ins\

Then under windows\preferences\plugin manager select the tick boxes but they wont tick user added image Really don't know what to do, maybe it is the plug in not compatible,

Anyone know where I can download a DivX exporter for version 6.0?

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.