Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 29-10-2002 , 12:52 AM
SM Alumni

My model is falling apart!

Ok slightly dramatic title, but I've now discovered that half the vertices on my mesh arent merged! As you can see in the pic below as I deform the model it is literally comeing apart user added image is there an easy way to go in and merge all the vertices that are say withing a given distance of one another instead of individually merge the vertices/edges?
cheers
dan

# 2 29-10-2002 , 12:56 AM
The Maya Mountain
Yep.

Edit Poly > Merge Vertices > Options. In the options, you've got a distance slider. If all of the points are exactly on top of each other, than a value of .0001 will work.

# 3 29-10-2002 , 01:16 AM
Is the model bond yet? If it is one bad thing will be, once you merge the vertices you will have a lot of construction history on your model that your want be able to get rid of. If its not bond than great!!!!!! just merge them, but if it is you might want to consider unbinding it, than merge the vertices and finally detete by type history on the model just before you rebind.

Kurt

# 4 29-10-2002 , 08:14 AM
SM Alumni
ah that £$%^ for that - cheers mike user added image should have thought of that.
kurt: I saved the weights and then detatched the skin so no worries there... the history is clean.

# 5 29-10-2002 , 01:44 PM
Good to hear=)