Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 06-11-2002 , 11:41 PM
Subscriber

Does anyone know any Connect Poly Shape tutorials?

Hi,

My subdivision with my PC is killing me. I want to finish the project in school because they have the $1000 video card and a 21 inch monitor with more RAM, but they only have Maya Complete. I couldn't understand how to install the Connect Poly Shape script from command line since I don't know DOS.

Is there an easier way to install Poly Connect Shape into the Maya Complete?

And is it possible to test it out with my Maya Unlimited? And if that tested out fine with my Maya Unlimited, will it give me the same Subdivision problems like before? And is it more beneficial to work with Connect Poly Shape with Maya Unlimited than the Subdivision that comes with May Unlimited?

And can I continue part of my already subdivided
head from Maya Unlimited with Poly Connect Shape in Maya Complete?

Please let me know.

JL

# 2 15-11-2002 , 05:23 PM
Kevin
did you download it from our mel page?

I did get in a mess with this also the first tmie i installed it, but then the second time it went on dead easy, on our mel page is all the different versions it works with.

but it does work exactly like it says on the instructions... (i think) but if not email the guy at lightstorm3d, he is a great guy who i am sure will help you out.