Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 31 29-03-2007 , 04:52 PM
thanks tweetytunes. what model is that by the way? - i didn't see it on your site.

yeah, id like to keep working on it (famous last words!) i like the idea and i've been doodling a few ideas...

# 32 29-03-2007 , 04:57 PM
Subscriber
Ahh you should arran, could imagine the idea looking really nice if you spent some decent time on it.

# 33 29-03-2007 , 05:21 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by arran
thanks tweetytunes. what model is that by the way? - i didn't see it on your site.

what my avatar - its the new villian from the turtle movie. Think shes now the leader of the foot as shedder is missing/dead/gone.

This is not my work thats why its not on my site - I wish I worked on the turtles movie.

# 34 29-03-2007 , 05:34 PM
oh i see :blush:

# 35 30-03-2007 , 02:06 AM
soooo the queen is riding an elephant? hell just having her make it kinda steampunk, right? she's what, a hundred and eighty, the queen-mother? user added image

(fair play to the queen, killed the crazy dog! - while riding her ELEPHANT! user added image)

Accept no substitutions.
# 36 30-03-2007 , 07:32 AM

Originally posted by arran
yeah - sad to say i think i might be out of this one...:shakehead

:mg:

https://dvnooooo.ytmnd.com/

# 37 30-03-2007 , 07:45 AM

Originally posted by NeoStrider
soooo the queen is riding an elephant? hell just having her make it kinda steampunk, right? she's what, a hundred and eighty, the queen-mother? user added image

(fair play to the queen, killed the crazy dog! - while riding her ELEPHANT! user added image)

ok - now i am very confused!

severinianthony - ha ha ha ha :lmao: user added image

# 38 30-03-2007 , 07:53 AM
Allright, seriously now...

I dunno; any way you could replace parts of the elephant with biomechanical parts? Like one leg could be "robotic;" that is, it's made up of some huge, heavy steel pipes and machinery/clockwork. One tusk could be broken off halfway along its length, and the rest could be a mechanical replacement. If you felt especially nutty, you could even replace half of its ribcage/side with some mechanical parts that join into a mechanical leg.

Just throwing out some crazy ideas...

# 39 30-03-2007 , 08:04 AM
it's funny you should say that - believe it or not, my original plan was to have his back half and half of his face completely mechanical - here's a sketch from a couple of weeks ago - sorry it's so crap, but cts makes it kind of difficult to draw.

Attached Thumbnails
# 40 30-03-2007 , 08:05 AM
Not bad at all! I'll admit, I'm no better a 2d artist; I'm definitely much better at 3d artwork than 2d.

But that aside, that's pretty much what I was picturing! I say go for it ^_^

# 41 30-03-2007 , 08:43 AM
Subscriber
dude that was a real cool concept pic. here hoping it gets to see the light of day

# 42 30-03-2007 , 08:47 AM
haha yea i didn't really write that well did i?

i was making a comment that the queen is ancient, and having her ride the elephant, even without modifications, would add an antique touch to it.

(then i added some eddie izzard joke references)

Accept no substitutions.