Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 28-10-2007 , 06:59 PM

Creating a tracing object

Hi,
I'm trying to create a model from these blueprints that I have. I used a polygon cube to create a square-shaped plane to put the blueprint on, but when I apply the texture to the cube, the picture shows up really blurry. However, it shows up fine when I render the scene. Any suggestions? Thanks.

# 2 28-10-2007 , 07:10 PM
Lifetime Member
Select the material with the blueprint on and hit ctrl + A to open the Attribute aditor,then select the image file tab and go down to Hardware Texturing and change the Texture resolution to high or highest and that should help you.
Just a thought ,why are you using a cube for the image when all you need is a 2D plane ?

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 3 28-10-2007 , 07:22 PM
I tried it again with a plane, and it worked fine. Thanks for the help!