Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 07-11-2007 , 03:43 AM

2009 Camaro WIP

First post, I just wanted to post this up and share my progress. Feel free to crit and comment.

I do want to point out a few things first, and thats that the wheels and tires are not final, they are place-holders for the real ones that will come last. Also, I already know the grille is out too far and thats what i'm currently fixing, so that being said, here's the pictures.

Thanks in advance for any crits / comments.

-Tyler

user added image

user added image

user added image

Create

Last edited by Digitool; 07-11-2007 at 06:52 AM.
# 2 07-11-2007 , 06:06 AM
it seems like there are some problems with the normals. Might want to check that out.

# 3 07-11-2007 , 06:15 AM
oh, thanks! ha i just noticed after you pointed it out...

Create
# 4 07-11-2007 , 06:26 AM
there, i fixed the normals ( i do believe) and i can tell a difference, so thanks a lot for that!

user added image

Create

Last edited by Digitool; 07-11-2007 at 06:42 AM.
# 5 07-11-2007 , 06:38 AM
sorry about the image sizes, i'm working on fixing them

****EDIT****
just finnished modeling on the rear of the car... probably some adjustments to come here and there, and i got a few more minor exterior modeling to do before i move inside, then finnish the textures / shading, and then put the real wheels on it...

user added image

user added image

Create

Last edited by Digitool; 07-11-2007 at 04:18 PM.