Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 28-01-2014 , 02:05 PM

Maya is mistakenly Rendering Black & White

Hey!

I'm an Student from Austria and i got a Problem with my Final Project. As i said Maya is'nt rendering any Colors in my Project File. I worked with Toon Shader, Outlines and Maya Materials as mia_material_x or simple Lambert. Of course i'm rendering with mentral ray. And i don't think the problem has to do with my Display Options in the Render View, because they're: (checked)
----
- All Channels
- 8 bit integer
- Dithered
- Toolbar
----
I asked a Supervisor and gave him my Project File, but he doesn't know the problem as well.
May you could help me! If you need any more Information for solving, please contact me.

Thank you very much!

br

Lukas

# 2 29-01-2014 , 02:09 AM
Super Moderator
Is it possible to upload the scene?

- Genny
# 3 29-01-2014 , 09:27 AM
Thanks for the quick response! Sure it is.
I uploaded it on Dropbox, but i need your email to invite you to the folder!

br

Lukas

# 4 29-01-2014 , 10:39 AM
Super Moderator
Or send me a link in a private message.

- Genny
# 5 29-01-2014 , 10:44 AM
Okay, you should have it now!

Lukas

# 6 01-02-2014 , 12:44 PM
Haha solved it. I've hidden a few parts of the scene for performance reasons. When i choose V / T in the Display Options in the Channel Box nothing happens. But when i choose V / R it renders the Colors normally, even if the Part of the Scene on which i'm looking at wasn't hidden or something comparable. For some reasons it's working fine now. Thanks you for helping me!

# 7 01-02-2014 , 09:52 PM
Super Moderator
Glad you that sorted. I'll post my findings anyway.

Camera1 is enclosed in a gray, toon shaded object and the scene does use a lot of gray toon shaders anyway. The random red shader I assigned rendered as expected.

As a side note, the scene is rather heavy, there is a lot of duplicated geometry that could have been swapped out using proxies instead. Also a lot of history build up that you may want to consider purging.

- Genny