Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 23-03-2014 , 12:12 AM

UV editing add-ons?

I have created a model in separate geometry pieces which each have been UV-mapped and textured. I now want to group it into one object and have it share 1 texture rather than several.

In the end, I wish to export it into an Obj and/or FBX in order to upload onto a browser 3D viewer as well as an Android app 3D model viewer. Which I believe would work better/be more reliable with/as only one texture.

Is there an add-on which allows users to do both the UV and actual Texture re-arranging at once? (Moving texture image along with Uvs)? Rather than re-arranging the UV sets in Maya and then having to go back and compensate for the new UV layout by re-sizing and moving around the textures to fit the new layout in Photoshop.

If anyone knows of an easier or faster method to do the same I mentioned above if no such add-on exist, please do let me know as well.

Thank you for your time. ^^

# 2 23-03-2014 , 12:24 AM
May be possible to use PTEX or Polypaint in ZBrush and project the texture onto you object. Move the UV's around in a sculpting application then bake the texture back out. I have done this in the past.

# 3 24-03-2014 , 02:46 AM
Thank you for the info Collin.
I currently don't own ZBrush so am not able to try it, but it may be helpful to know for future references.