Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 27-02-2006 , 06:07 PM
Subscriber

SimplyZbrush

I was looking at the Simplymax forum and saw a question. Is there going to be a simplyzbrush? That community seems kind of dead so I figured I'd try that question here instead. user added image

I think I'll be trying out Max oneday. What are the pros and cons in comparison to maya?

# 2 28-02-2006 , 02:26 PM
Subscriber
hahah yes another one who knows of the deadness of Smax. Um i think that was answered. There might be one in the future i think it was. Anyway wait till an admin responds. Thou I'd be all for it. Would get tutorials for zbrush which would be cool, and unite more the Simplys ppl that use zbrush.

<a href="https://forum.simplymax.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11595">Click</a> Desert Eagle
<a href="https://forum.simplymax.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=4250#post4250">Click</a> Gas Lantern
<a href="https://forum.simplymax.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11714">Click</a> Gas Lantern
# 3 05-03-2006 , 09:41 PM
It's strange to see that SimplyMax has so few activity, as Max is a extremely popular software. I could say it's more popular than Maya... Anyway, I think a Simply ZBrush would be a great deal. This software is new, porweful and relatively cheap. As much people is focused on modeling, and production of stills, such a site could be a success.

# 4 05-03-2006 , 09:50 PM
Yeah,but this Zbrush is really not too hard to learn...its all about brushes.

# 5 05-03-2006 , 11:08 PM
Yes, it's not so hard, but it's not so simple. If you take a look at ZBrush Central https://www.zbrushcentral.com you'll see a lot of people asking a lot of things, and many tutorials. Especially people who never worked with a 3D application before.

# 6 14-03-2006 , 11:26 PM
Subscriber
max is more popular, but what always confused me is why simplymaya has 6.5 times more members than simplymax.
yeah i know simplymaya is older but still, shouldnt simplymax be catching up......fast!!!

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 7 14-03-2006 , 11:51 PM
Technical Director
We have more people here becuase Maya has a free version avaliable. The only one Max has is Gmax and it just sucks.

It was very smart of Alias(now Autodesk) to come out with a PLE version because it allows so many more people to try the software, and get addicted to it.

And no. Max is not more popular. Now Alias and Autodesk is one of the same it doesn't matter now.

Anyway lets get this post back on track. Im not sure about SimplyZbrush becuase there are so many different communites that offer Zbrush training. And now that David is the only one managing these 3 sites, its a lot to ask him to open another site and keep everything going smoothly.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 8 22-03-2006 , 10:38 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
possible z brush has been mentioned...:bandit:

Jay

# 9 25-03-2006 , 08:46 PM
Subscriber
is z brush a good program? is it easy to learn?
its all about brushes right?

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!