Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 19-12-2006 , 04:58 PM

Animation/Rig issue

I think i got a stumper for you guys...

My character is fully rigged. all the weights are painted on the smooth bound surfaces and all the pts are assigned on the rigid bound surfaces (the character is made from multiple meshes).

When i playblast, everything is fine. When i software render, everything is fine. When i mental ray render, things get all crazy. In one file the characters feet get left behind, they simply dont follow the skeleton. In another scene (seperate file, but the same character file REFERENCE) his arms dont follow. In both cases they just stay where they are at start of rendering, i.e. i can start rendering at frame 300 and they stay there, not at from 0. If i cancel rendering and restart at from 546 they arms or feet will stay there instead. :headbang:

any help would be really appreciated as this is due on friday.

EDIT: I think i got this thing worked out. For some reason, mentalray doesnt like the rigid binds on this character. I dont know why because i have another character in the same scene that is rigid bound and it works fine user added image . oh well. if anyone knows what that is please post and let me know.

Last edited by epicor; 19-12-2006 at 06:15 PM.